2007 Breast Cancer 3 Day

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Race for the Cure


We registered last night for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. It is being held here in Houston on September 30th. We are going to participate in the Family Walk that way Emma can walk with us. I am really excited about it for some reason. I guess just knowing I will be among the survivors somehow makes me proud. I can't explain that though...it's not like I did anything to "survive". Those that didn't win their battles didn't fight any less than I did. I guess I am really looking forward to seeing so many other survivors. It gives me hope.

I sent out an email yesterday about donating in my name. Again, please don't feel obligated. I just wanted to share this positive aspect of cancer with everyone. Maybe someday they will find a way to prevent breast cancer all together--hopefully in Emma's lifetime.

Below is a link to my personal fund-raising page.

My Page

If anyone would like to come and walk with us, we'd love to have you! You can register on-line here.

Come and celebrate with us! This is a great way to end this cancer journey--victorious!!

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful celebration of life event. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete