2007 Breast Cancer 3 Day

Friday, August 04, 2006

Follow-up appointments

I went for my follow-up appointments this week. I saw my plastic surgeon on Tuesday and she said everything looks great. I don't go back to see her until January, so I'm now officially cleared and my life is mine again.

I saw my oncologist yesterday. It was really rather pointless, but a necessary evil I guess. He asked how I was feeling (fine). Was I having any problems (no). He did ask if my appetite had returned and as I answered yes he said (while looking at my chart), "yes, I see you've put on a few pounds". Um, hello....rude. Like I don't choke each morning when I step on the scale and see the little needle heading the wrong direction. I keep wanting to blame it on my new boobs...surely they must be the reason for my extra weight. Somehow though I don't think they weigh THAT much. Since my surgeon cleared me, I guess I'm obligated to start exercising again so now I don't have any excuses (that bites!).

I also had blood drawn and gave a urine sample to check my liver function on the Tamoxifen. He wants to see me back in December for a chest X-ray and CT scan. He said a follow-up mammogram is pointless since there isn't any breast tissue to examine. I see where he's coming from, but it still makes me nervous. I guess the CT scan will show anything they need to see. So now I don't have to think about cancer until December. Uh-huh, like that's going to happen....

No comments:

Post a Comment