2007 Breast Cancer 3 Day

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

There is always a ray of light in the darkness

I had my first round of chemo today. I am pretty tired and heading to bed, but I will update in full tomorrow. I just wanted to encourage everyone to look for the bright spot in your day even when you think it's not going so well. While dealing with all that comes with cancer and chemo today we received such wonderful news. Today Ed became a PawPaw! Olivia Dawn arrived at 2:39 p.m. weighing 8 lbs. 2 oz. and 20 inches long! EJ called to say that Tiffany and Olivia are both doing great! What a blessing to give you some perspective on life...it's easy to forget about the great moments in our lives when walking in the valley of the bad ones. We are hoping to get to see Miss Olivia in a few weeks at Christmas and are already chomping at the bit to get some photos of that sweet grandbaby!

I did have a few minutes of guilt today. Ed wasn't able to be there for the birth of his granddaughter which I know is a dream he's waited for all EJ's life. While I know having cancer isn't my fault, I couldn't help feeling guilty that "because of me" he missed one of the great milestones of being a parent--seeing your children become parents. It's hard not to feel that way, and Ed (to his credit) has not let me see anything but concern for my well-being today. I know he's sad he missed it, but this is the road that we have to walk down right now unfortunately. I'm so blessed to have him in my life and thank the Lord each day that Ed was part of His great plan for me!

Congrats EJ and Tiffany and Happy Birthday Olivia! We love you guys and hope to see you in a few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! What a GREAT ray of sunshine ... another Konick has arrived! Isn't the Lord wonderful! He sends us just what we need ... when we need it, and He knew that you and Ed (all of us) needed His touch. You're in our prayers as you venture into this next phase. Hugs, kisses and much love, TC (aka Theresa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...so that kinda makes you a grandmother??? ...weird.

    I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete