2007 Breast Cancer 3 Day

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I'm nuclear again!

Yesterday I went for my battery of tests. I should find out the results next week.

I had a chest xray, CATscan of chest and abdomen and a bone scan. I came home feeling poorly yesterday afternoon. My head always hurts after they inject me with the radioactive isotope for the bone scan. In fact, it still hurts a bit this morning. I still find the great irony of modern medicine comical. They have to inject me with radioactive material to determine if I'm still healthy, but at what cost?? Radioactive isotopes pumping through my veins and organs can't be good for me. What is the "preventative medicine" doing to me in the meantime???

Oh and for the record, modern medicine still hasn't found a way to make 32oz. of barium sulfate palatable. Calling it "berry smoothie" doesn't help much either. I did the big gag and heave a few times while trying to get it all down in the 45 minutes they give you to drink it. I was successful in keeping it all down, but it was touch and go there for a few minutes. Ack--berrie smoothie. My gag reflex kicks in just thinking about it!!

I'll give you the results as we know more. Please keep us in your prayers for an "all clear" verdict.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Fran, I'm so sorry that the testing is so unpleasant. You are such a trooper!

    You were in my thoughts and prayers all throughout the day yesterday, and I will continue to pray for you and Ed as you await the results. May God continue to keep your mind in perfect peace as you trust in Him!

    Much love ~

    ReplyDelete