2007 Breast Cancer 3 Day

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Must Read (Thanks Sue- "Brite Hope")

I am reading a wonderful book that I think all breast cancer survivors need to read. I also recommend it for friends and family members as well. It is "After Breast Cancer:A Common-Sense Guide to Life After Treatment" by Hester Hill Schnipper. Here are a few quotes that really hit home with all the thoughts running through my head lately.

"You are not the person you were, and you are still working your way toward being the woman you will become. It takes all your physical and your emotional energy to regain a sense of trust in your body and in your place in the world."

"Being diagnosed with a potentially life-threatening illness means the end of everything we have ever known. The world looks very different, and our place in it feels much less secure."

"Physically, we have been forced to keep pace with the treatments and with our bodies...Our hearts, our souls, however, need time to catch up."

1 comment:

  1. Fran, I am so glad that you are reading this book. I probably should even read it again. We chemo brain kids tend to forget things, and those are lessons and thoughts I don't want to forget. Good luck getting your new rack, I am pretty happy with mine, but I had the TRAM, so i don't think they are quite as perky as yours will be. WOOO HOOOO!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete