2007 Breast Cancer 3 Day

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A new record

Last week was my "bad" week. I felt ok, but my white count was low as usual. I set a new record of 14 shots in the stomach last week. Yep, 14. To add insult to injury I had to administer 8 of those myself! Can you believe it? Me putting needles into my stomach? It's true. You can do amazing things when you have to. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be physically, but the psychological aspect of sticking a needle in your body was hard. It just goes against everything we are programmed to think about needles. Thankfully this is my good week so I hopefully am done with stomach shots until the next round of chemo. Which by the way, is scheduled for Monday the 17th.

Update on hair loss--it's going! My eyebrows are almost gone and my head hair is just starting to let loose. I am hoping it won't all fall out, but who am I kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment